Here's how to add to, change, or delete accounts in your companys Chart of Accounts.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
1. Left-click on Bookkeeping.
2. A drop down menu will appear.
3. Left-click on General Ledger
4. Left-click on Edit Chart of Accounts.
5. This will display the Add, Change, Delete Chart of Accounts window.
6. To add an account, left-click the button. Then key in the new account number and description and select the Account Type, Account Class, and Parent Account (if appropriate) from the drop-down lists. Left-click the button when you're done.
7. To change an account, left-click the button. Then move the cursor to the text box(s) you want to change and key in the change. Left-click the button when you're done.
8. To delete an account, left-click the account you want to delete in the grid and then left-click the button. This window will appear:
Left-click the button if you want the account to be deleted. Left-click the button if you have changed your mind and do not want the account to be deleted.
The system will NOT let you delete a General Ledger account if there are any transactions associated with it.
9. When you're done, if you want to print out the revised Chart of Accounts , left-click the button and then left-click the button.
10. Left-click the close button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.