Here's how to print a check directly as a part of entering a Journal Entry. This is typically used where a check is required that involves several General Ledger accounts. A payment against a loan might be an example of this.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
4. Left-click on the tab which will display the Journal Entries detail window.
5. Enter the Journal Entry that reflects the various accounts involved in the check you are about to write. See Enter a Journal Entry for details on this.
6. Left-click the button and then left-click on Print Check. This will display the Print Check window. Enter the Check Number and who the check will be made out to:
If the person or business is not on the drop-down list, it can be added by left-clicking the button.
Note: The Payee list is the same as the Payee list used with the Quick Check Writer procedure. See Add, Change, Delete Payees for details on how to do this if you need help.
7. Left-click the button and the check will now appear on the Print Preview window. Left-click the print button to print the check or left-click the button to exit.
8. If you printed the check, left-click the close button in the upper right-hand corner of the Print Check window and the Journal Entries window for the check you just wrote will be displayed.
9. Left-click the button to post this batch.
10. After it's been posted to the General Ledger, left-click the button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.